Dal Khichdi (00:02:18)
DAL KHICHDI | Kids Special
Khichdi is a simple and comforting food prepared with dal (lentils) and rice. It is wholesome, nutritious, easy to digest and also very easy to prepare. Dal khichdi can be prepared with a single dal or a combination of 2 or more dals. This khichdi is made of dal and rice combined with not just whole spices but also onions, garlic, vegetables and tomatoes. This imparts a tangy twist to the khichdi making it holistic in terms of taste too. When you don’t have time to prepare a kadhi, you can just serve this with curds and papad.
Whole spices (Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom pods)
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Onion - 1 no. chopped
Garlic clove - 2 nos.
Small piece of Ginger
Few French Beans
Carrot - 1 no. chopped
Few Green Peas
Tomato - 1 no. chopped
Green chili - 1 no. chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Raw Rice - 1/2 cup
Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Water - 2.5 cups
Buy pressure cooker – https://goo.gl/GsrKUQ
Rinse the rice and dal together in water and drain all the water (preferably thrice).
Now, pour water in the rinsed and drained rice & dal. (For 1/2 cup rice & 1/2 cup dal, add 2.5 cups of water)
1. In the pressure cooker, add ghee, whole spices, cumin seeds and onion.
2. Add freshly pound ginger & garlic (or use ginger-garlic paste)
3. Sauté till the onions turn transparent.
4. Add the vegetables, i.e. beans, carrot & green peas (or vegetables of your choice) to the cooker. Mix well.
5. Add chopped tomato, chili, turmeric powder & salt. Mix well
6. Add rinsed raw rice and dal.
7. Close and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
8. Serve hot with Kadhi, cucumber raita, curd or pickle.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com