Laccha Paratha (Wheat Parotta) | Ventuno Home Cooking (00:03:33)
LACCHA PARATHA (Wheat Parotta) | Main Coarse Dish
A Laccha paratha is a multi-layered shallow fried north Indian dish that many believe to be difficult and complex to prepare. It is even believed that only professional and experts can prepare this dish flawlessly. Yet, this is just a belief. This dish, on the other hand, is one of the easiest dishes to prepare once you know the proper method. Here is the recipe broken down into a few simple steps for you to master the dish easily and effortlessly.
Atta / Whole Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 tsp.
Yogurt - 1 Tbsp.
Oil - 2 tsp.
Buy ghee – https://goo.gl/xJhnNv
Buy tawa – https://goo.gl/bEjKWx
Buy mixing bowls – https://goo.gl/3SQyKt
1. In a wide mixing bowl, add Atta, salt, sugar, yogurt and oil and mix well.
2. Now add water, a little at a time, to knead the flour into a dough.
3. Close the bowl with a lid & let the dough sit for 5 minutes.
4. Knead again for few minutes and close and let sit another 5 minutes
5. Knead for the 3rd time and let it sit for 1 to 2 hours
6. Finally, Add a bit of oil onto the dough and knead one last time. Now, make balls that fit in your palm from the dough.
7. Flatten the ball as thinly as you can. Sprinkle some flour onto the rolling surface if it is too sticky as it would make it difficult to roll out the dough.
8. Dab ghee evenly all over on the rolled out dough.
9. Gently make slits for every 1/2 inch with a knife and fold the rolled out dough alternatively like pleats.
10. Now, roll the pleated dough inwards, inserting the end into the bottom and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
11. Flatten them gently and make sure not to roll it out thinly.
12. Now, roast it on a tawa. When the paratha turns into a light golden colour, spread some ghee on the surface and flip it over. Spread some ghee on the other side too.
13. Flip it over one last time. Your Laccha Paratha’s are ready to be devoured.
It is best sided with dishes such as vegetable kurma, chicken curry, or any other sort of curry or kurma. Best served hot.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com