Carrot Poriyal (00:01:37)
CARROT PORIYAL | Side dish
Carrot Stir fry, commonly known in the south as Carrot poriyal, is one of the most easy, but most healthy dishes to make. It is a tasty and delicious dish, because, not all healthy dishes taste bad! The sweetness of the carrots, mixed with the various spices, it is a perfect dish for kids, teens and old people alike.
A perfect side for any dish or delicacy, Mrs. Hema Subramanian shows you an easy recipe to master this dish.
Oil - 2 Tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/4 Tsp.
Urad dal - 1/4 Tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1/4 Tsp.
Red chili - 2 nos.
Onion - 1 no. finely chopped
Green chili - 1 no. finely chopped
Few Curry leaves
Carrot - 1 cup finely chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp.
Chili powder - 1/2 Tsp.
Salt to taste
Buy pan – https://goo.gl/TqvZiL
Buy chopper – https://goo.gl/8172j2
1. Heat a sauce-pan and pour a little oil in it.
2. Add the ingredients for tempering, i.e. Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and two red chillies.
3. Once the mustard seeds start splattering, add the finely chopped onions, green chilli and garlic. Sauté them for some time.
4. Then add a few curry leaves and stir the ingredients.
5. Once the onions turn transparent, add the finely chopped carrots and mix the ingredients together.
6. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to the pan. Stir the ingredients together so that the spices can blend well.
7. Now, close the pan with a lid and let it cook for about 10 minutes on a medium low flame.
8. Finally, add a handful of fresh grated coconut on top and mix it gently.
9. Turn of the stove. Your carrot poriyal is ready to be served.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com